PipeChat Digest #2274 - Tuesday, July 31, 2001
 
NYC Recital Thursday August 2
  by "Jonathan B. Hall" <jonahall@indiana.edu>
Addendum to NYC recital
  by "Jonathan B. Hall" <jonahall@indiana.edu>
RE: Addendum to NYC recital
  by "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org>
Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by <Robert_Lind@cch.com>
Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by <RonSeverin@aol.com>
Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by "Randolph Runyon" <runyonr@muohio.edu>
Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by "Alan Freed" <afreed0904@earthlink.net>
RE: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org>
Re: Up or Down the aisle (For the truely bored today)
  by <RonSeverin@aol.com>
Divorce Music
  by "Anthony V Marchesano" <anthonym@bestweb.net>
Re: Divorce Music
  by <RonSeverin@aol.com>
RE: Divorce Music
  by "Storandt, Peter" <pstorandt@okcu.edu>
Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by <Cremona502@cs.com>
Re: Divorce Music
  by "Marika E. Buchberger, LRPS" <marika57@earthlink.net>
RE: Divorce Music
  by "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org>
Re: Divorce Music
  by <TEvans1032@aol.com>
RE: Divorce Music
  by "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org>
Re: Up or Down the aisle (For the truely bored today)
  by "Alan Freed" <afreed0904@earthlink.net>
Re: Divorce Music
  by <quilisma@socal.rr.com>
Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)
  by <quilisma@socal.rr.com>
 

(back) Subject: NYC Recital Thursday August 2 From: "Jonathan B. Hall" <jonahall@indiana.edu> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 07:36:45 -0500 (EST)     Hi!   First of all, kudos to Frank Crosio for his fine recital at The Church of the Epiphany last Thursday. I was away at the RSCM course in Pennsylvania shepherding 7th and 8th grade boys.   This Thursday I'm back...here is the program:   Sonata no. 3 Mendelssohn Carillon de Westminster Vierne "Saint Anne" Prelude and Fugue Bach     Please come, bring your friends, your life partner, your aromatherapist, and your sushi box and enjoy lunch and our Aeolian-Skinner opus 1412.   Epiphany is easily accessible by the number 6 (IRT) train to 77th and Lex...walk east and south. Or take the M31 bus eastbound by Carnegie Hall and get off at York and 74th. Visit our website at www.epiphanynyc.org or call me at 212-737-2720 x24. We'll tawk, we'll have cawffee, no big whoop.     Best,   Jonathan    
(back) Subject: Addendum to NYC recital From: "Jonathan B. Hall" <jonahall@indiana.edu> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:32:10 -0500 (EST)     Like a doofus, I didn't list the TIME of the recital. Thanks to an alert list member for the heads-up.   The Recital at the Church of the Epiphany, this Thursday, August 2, is from 12:15 to 12:45.   Thanks!   Jon    
(back) Subject: RE: Addendum to NYC recital From: "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:48:21 -0400       -----Original Message----- From: Jonathan B. Hall [mailto:jonahall@indiana.edu] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 11:32 AM To: pipechat@pipechat.org Subject: Addendum to NYC recital       Like a doofus, I didn't list the TIME of the recital. Thanks to an alert list member for the heads-up.   The Recital at the Church of the Epiphany, this Thursday, August 2, is from 12:15 to 12:45.   Thanks!   Jon     "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org  
(back) Subject: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: <Robert_Lind@cch.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:05:31 -0500   I play in a 2500-member ELCA church that is pretty evenly divided betwe= en traditional and contemporary worship. In traditional worship, our servi= ces are LBW lite, and in the realm of choral music, I choose a good amount of o= ur new repertory from hot-off-the-press items published by Beckenhorst, Lorenz= group, and several others.   My organ repertory is very wide-ranging and pretty well covers the glob= e. The congregation is not stuffy, and I certainly don't feed them insipid or = "bad" literature. What I'm wondering is, now that I've finally decided on pie= ce of Lef=E9bure-W=E9ly's that I'd like to play, would anyone out there play = his Sortie in E Flat for a postlude or closing voluntary, or should the work be releg= ated to recitals?   Need I point out the L-W did, indeed, write such pieces for liturgical = use. Both editor David Sanger and John Henderson fall upon the identical adjectiv= es "banal" and "vulgar" to describe some of his pieces, but this sortie se= ems to be good fun. Is it out of place to play it at the close of a worship servi= ce?   Perhaps the "farthest out" I've gone for a postlude are the toccatas by= Georgi Mushel and Ramon Noble and toe-tapping marches similar to Sousa (all ve= ry well received). And for silly names, I've played a piece by Oliphant Chucker= butty. Now I'm wondering about this sortie. I don't think this means that I'd = consider Noel Rawsthorne's "Hornpipe Humoresque" for the week after that, but it= does also make me wonder if there are other "borderline" works of other comp= osers that fall into this category.   Thanks to any of you with opinions about appropriateness, when and when= not to play such things, etc.   Robert Lind Good Shepherd Lutheran Church Naperville, IL =      
(back) Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: <RonSeverin@aol.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:29:35 EDT   Hi Robert:   Sorte in the order of pieces played in the Service of the Mass for instance is at the end of the service. Dupre composed Final for this purpose. An Entrada is played as the procession moves down the aisle toward the altar. Sorte plays them out so to speak.   Ron Severin       http://www.musicbase.org/E/SEV001.html J=E4ger und Brommer Orgelbau St. Mary's by the Sea  
(back) Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: "Randolph Runyon" <runyonr@muohio.edu> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:57:47 -0400   on 7/31/01 12:05 PM, Robert_Lind@cch.com at Robert_Lind@cch.com wrote:   >What I'm wondering is, now that I've finally decided on piece of > Lef=E9bure-W=E9ly's that I'd like to play, would anyone out there play his So= rtie > in > E Flat for a postlude or closing voluntary, or should the work be relegat= ed to > recitals? >=20 > ... it does > also make me wonder if there are other "borderline" works of other compos= ers > that fall into this category. >=20 >=20   I say go for it. I haven't played L-W recently, but I am playing someone almost as bad, Theodore Salome'. This coming Sunday it'll be his "Melodie" for the prelude, his "Cantilene" for the offertory, and one of his Grand Choeurs for the postlude.   You may be interested to know that on July 8, the organist at La Madeleine, the church in Paris where L-W was titulaire, featured his compositions at the 11:00 mass. He told me that he had an "historical responsibility" to play L-W occasionally--about once every two or three years--because of his association with that church. Unfortunately, I was under the weather that day and so could not attend.   I did get to play (with a friend) the Saturday evening and Sunday morning mass at Sainte-Clotilde the following week-end. But that's another story.     Randy Runyon Music Director Zion Lutheran Church Hamilton, Ohio runyonr@muohio.edu      
(back) Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: "Alan Freed" <afreed0904@earthlink.net> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:51:30 -0400   > From: RonSeverin@aol.com > Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) > > the procession moves down the aisle toward the altar.   Hmmm. Just an idle academic question.. You've heard of "going up to Jerusalem." When "the procession moves . . . toward the altar," is it moving "down the aisle" or "up the aisle"?   Alan    
(back) Subject: RE: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:51:54 -0400   Depends on the denomination!!   -----Original Message----- From: Alan Freed [mailto:afreed0904@earthlink.net] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:52 PM To: PipeChat Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted)     > From: RonSeverin@aol.com > Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) > > the procession moves down the aisle toward the altar.   Hmmm. Just an idle academic question.. You've heard of "going up to Jerusalem." When "the procession moves . . . toward the altar," is it moving "down the aisle" or "up the aisle"?   Alan     "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org  
(back) Subject: Re: Up or Down the aisle (For the truely bored today) From: <RonSeverin@aol.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:24:40 EDT   Hi Alan:   Symantics: Since I hold up in the West Gallery, the highest place in the church, I guess going down the aisle. It's just a point of perspective as to who holds the high ground, me or the priest. :)   I guess to be proper, all kidding aside, the priest proceeds up the aisle to the altar. In some modern churches though, he's actually going down a 6-12% incline. Which is most correct? Not all aisles are level. In these incline situations, during funerals they need brakes on those coffin wheels or the casket might=20 take off. :) I just couldn't help it, El Diablo made me say it!. :)   So much for those of you with such precise minds!~   Ron Severin       http://www.musicbase.org/E/SEV001.html J=E4ger und Brommer Orgelbau St. Mary's by the Sea  
(back) Subject: Divorce Music From: "Anthony V Marchesano" <anthonym@bestweb.net> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:29:59 -0400   >> As an aside, someone asked about playing for divorces. Might I >> suggest >> +ACI-So Long, It's Been Good To Know You+ACI-. >> >> Bless you-all, and keep playing. > >> Rick > >"I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair" ???? (Rogers/Hammerstein)     How about "Hit the Road Jack"   --Tony    
(back) Subject: Re: Divorce Music From: <RonSeverin@aol.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:54:27 EDT   Hey guys:   First you got Divorce Music, next you'll need just living together service music, very popular with young folks these days. The Spanish already have a coming out ceremony for 15 year old girls, indicating their availability for marriage. She wears a white dress just like a bride and the service proceeds much like a real wedding. Mom or Grandma or an old maid aunt acts as a chaperone on dates. The kids hate it but it's TRADITION. Spanish weddings as a general rule start 1/2 late, by tradition. Our priest got wise to that. He now tells them to be there ready to start 1/2 hr. earlier than he intends. :) The organist has to = play a march in and a march out in both cases. It makes for a bit of extra spending money. Horray for TRADITION! :)   BTW the Spanish youngsters try to lose the chaperone, of course! They walk fast, hoping the elderly chaperone can't keep up. Duck down alleys! It can be great fun!   Ron Severin  
(back) Subject: RE: Divorce Music From: "Storandt, Peter" <pstorandt@okcu.edu> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:22:58 -0500   There was an article in Saturday's local paper here about the rise in divorce ceremonies among a number of denominations and the consequent need for some clergy to decide whether to participate or not (most do not). = Time to dust off that repertoire?   Peter   -----Original Message----- From: RonSeverin@aol.com [mailto:RonSeverin@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:54 PM To: pipechat@pipechat.org Subject: Re: Divorce Music     Hey guys:   First you got Divorce Music, next you'll need just living together service music, very popular with young folks these days. The Spanish already have a coming out ceremony for 15 year old girls, indicating their availability for marriage. She wears a white dress just like a bride and the service proceeds much like a real wedding. Mom or Grandma or an old maid aunt acts as a chaperone on dates. The kids hate it but it's TRADITION. Spanish weddings as a general rule start 1/2 late, by tradition. Our priest got wise to that. He now tells them to be there ready to start 1/2 hr. earlier than he intends. :) The organist has to = play a march in and a march out in both cases. It makes for a bit of extra spending money. Horray for TRADITION! :)   BTW the Spanish youngsters try to lose the chaperone, of course! They walk fast, hoping the elderly chaperone can't keep up. Duck down alleys! It can be great fun!   Ron Severin   "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org  
(back) Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: <Cremona502@cs.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:28:33 EDT     --part1_65.17ff2d26.289860e1_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   I'll add my "go for it" to the list. Congregations love this stuff and joyous music at the conclusion of worship is always welcomed.... = ESPECIALLY IN FAUX-LENT!!!! ;-)   Another goody is the Wedding March by L-W.   Bruce Cornely ~ Cremona502@cs.com with the Baskerbeagles in the Beagle's Nest ~ ""Haruffaroo, Bohawow!" Duncan, Miles, Molly, and Dewi Visit Howling Acres at http://members.tripod.com/Brucon502/   --part1_65.17ff2d26.289860e1_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset=3D"US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   <HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'll add my "go for it" = to the list. &nbsp;&nbsp;Congregations love this stuff and <BR>joyous music at the conclusion of worship is always welcomed.... = ESPECIALLY <BR>IN FAUX-LENT!!!! ;-) <BR> <BR>Another goody is the Wedding March by L-W. <BR> <BR>Bruce Cornely &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;~ &nbsp;Cremona502@cs.com &nbsp; <BR>with the Baskerbeagles in the Beagle's Nest ~ ""Haruffaroo, Bohawow!" <BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Duncan, Miles, Molly, and Dewi <BR>Visit Howling Acres at = &nbsp;&nbsp;http://members.tripod.com/Brucon502/</FONT></HTML>   --part1_65.17ff2d26.289860e1_boundary--  
(back) Subject: Re: Divorce Music From: "Marika E. Buchberger, LRPS" <marika57@earthlink.net> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:33:08 -0400   Here's a song to play: Thanks for the Memories ;)   "Storandt, Peter" wrote:   > There was an article in Saturday's local paper here about the rise in > divorce ceremonies among a number of denominations and the consequent = need > for some clergy to decide whether to participate or not (most do not). = Time > to dust off that repertoire? > > Peter > > -----Original Message----- > From: RonSeverin@aol.com [mailto:RonSeverin@aol.com] > Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:54 PM > To: pipechat@pipechat.org > Subject: Re: Divorce Music > > Hey guys: > > First you got Divorce Music, next you'll need just living together = service > music, very popular with young folks these days. The Spanish already > have a coming out ceremony for 15 year old girls, indicating their > availability for marriage. She wears a white dress just like a bride > and the service proceeds much like a real wedding. Mom or Grandma > or an old maid aunt acts as a chaperone on dates. The kids hate it > but it's TRADITION. Spanish weddings as a general rule start 1/2 late, > by tradition. Our priest got wise to that. He now tells them to be there > ready to start 1/2 hr. earlier than he intends. :) The organist has to = play > a march in and a march out in both cases. It makes for a bit of extra > spending money. Horray for TRADITION! :) > > BTW the Spanish youngsters try to lose the chaperone, of course! > They walk fast, hoping the elderly chaperone can't keep up. Duck down > alleys! It can be great fun! > > Ron Severin > > "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" > PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics > HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org > List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org > Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org > Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org > > "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" > PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics > HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org > List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org > Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org > Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org    
(back) Subject: RE: Divorce Music From: "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:33:22 -0400   Why not just play wedding music backwards?   -----Original Message----- From: Storandt, Peter [mailto:pstorandt@okcu.edu] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 3:23 PM To: 'PipeChat' Subject: RE: Divorce Music     There was an article in Saturday's local paper here about the rise in divorce ceremonies among a number of denominations and the consequent need for some clergy to decide whether to participate or not (most do not). = Time to dust off that repertoire?   Peter   -----Original Message----- From: RonSeverin@aol.com [mailto:RonSeverin@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:54 PM To: pipechat@pipechat.org Subject: Re: Divorce Music     Hey guys:   First you got Divorce Music, next you'll need just living together service music, very popular with young folks these days. The Spanish already have a coming out ceremony for 15 year old girls, indicating their availability for marriage. She wears a white dress just like a bride and the service proceeds much like a real wedding. Mom or Grandma or an old maid aunt acts as a chaperone on dates. The kids hate it but it's TRADITION. Spanish weddings as a general rule start 1/2 late, by tradition. Our priest got wise to that. He now tells them to be there ready to start 1/2 hr. earlier than he intends. :) The organist has to = play a march in and a march out in both cases. It makes for a bit of extra spending money. Horray for TRADITION! :)   BTW the Spanish youngsters try to lose the chaperone, of course! They walk fast, hoping the elderly chaperone can't keep up. Duck down alleys! It can be great fun!   Ron Severin   "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org   "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org  
(back) Subject: Re: Divorce Music From: <TEvans1032@aol.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:41:22 EDT     --part1_74.def8f87.289863e2_boundary Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   In a message dated 7/31/01 2:34:40 PM Central Daylight Time, marika57@earthlink.net writes:     I've been asked to play this for a 50th wedding anniversary party I'm = playng for in a couple weeks   Travis     > Here's a song to play: Thanks for the Memories ;) > >       --part1_74.def8f87.289863e2_boundary Content-Type: text/html; charset=3D"US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   <HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>In a message dated = 7/31/01 2:34:40 PM Central Daylight Time, <BR>marika57@earthlink.net writes: <BR> <BR> <BR>I've been asked to play this for a 50th wedding anniversary party I'm = playng <BR>for in a couple weeks <BR> <BR>Travis <BR> <BR> <BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; = MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Here's a song to = play: &nbsp;Thanks for the Memories &nbsp;;) <BR> <BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR> <BR></FONT></HTML>   --part1_74.def8f87.289863e2_boundary--  
(back) Subject: RE: Divorce Music From: "COLASACCO, ROBERT" <RCOLASACCO@popcouncil.org> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:52:08 -0400   This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.   ------_=3D_NextPart_001_01C119FA.48110D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"iso-8859-1"   Or from Blazing Saddles, "I'm Tired" -----Original Message----- From: TEvans1032@aol.com [mailto:TEvans1032@aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 3:41 PM To: pipechat@pipechat.org Subject: Re: Divorce Music     In a message dated 7/31/01 2:34:40 PM Central Daylight Time, marika57@earthlink.net writes:     I've been asked to play this for a 50th wedding anniversary party I'm = playng   for in a couple weeks   Travis         Here's a song to play: Thanks for the Memories ;)             ------_=3D_NextPart_001_01C119FA.48110D40 Content-Type: text/html; charset=3D"iso-8859-1"   <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1">     <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY> <DIV><SPAN class=3D708375119-31072001><FONT face=3DGaramond = color=3D#800000>Or from Blazing Saddles, "I'm Tired"</FONT></SPAN></DIV> <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT = face=3DTahoma size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> TEvans1032@aol.com [mailto:TEvans1032@aol.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 31, 2001 3:41 PM<BR><B>To:</B> pipechat@pipechat.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: Divorce Music<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT size=3D2>In a = message dated 7/31/01 2:34:40 PM Central Daylight Time, <BR>marika57@earthlink.net =   writes: <BR><BR><BR>I've been asked to play this for a 50th wedding = anniversary party I'm playng <BR>for in a couple weeks <BR><BR>Travis <BR><BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px = solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" TYPE=3D"CITE">Here's a song to play: &nbsp;Thanks for the Memories = &nbsp;;) <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>   ------_=3D_NextPart_001_01C119FA.48110D40--  
(back) Subject: Re: Up or Down the aisle (For the truely bored today) From: "Alan Freed" <afreed0904@earthlink.net> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:12:59 -0400   > From: RonSeverin@aol.com > Subject: Re: Up or Down the aisle (For the truely bored today) > > Symantics:   I suppose you're right.   > Since I hold up in the West Gallery, the highest place > in the church, I guess going down the aisle.   Well, yes, but YOU're not IN the procession.   > It's just a point of perspective as to who holds the high ground, me or = the > priest. :) I guess to be proper, all kidding aside, the priest = proceeds up > the aisle to the altar. In some modern churches though, he's > actually going down a 6-12% incline. Which is most correct? > Not all aisles are level.   You're certainly right about that. Which makes me think that it's not a matter of altitude at all, but of "symbolism." I wonder (idle again--hey, it's JULY!) when the first church was ever built with a slope to the main aisle in the nave. Probably 1860s in large urban protestant churches?   > In these incline situations, during funerals > they need brakes on those coffin wheels or the casket might > take off. :) I just couldn't help it, El Diablo made me say it!. :) > > So much for those of you with such precise minds!~ > And you nailed me right in your subtitle to the subject line, too.   Cheers,   Alan    
(back) Subject: Re: Divorce Music From: <quilisma@socal.rr.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:00:06 -0700   OH HEAVENS!   The Dreaded Black Divorce Mass!   (making the Sign of the Cross and sprinkling the computer with Holy Water)   ( which I PROBABLY should have done anyway when I installed that INFERNAL Windows)   (grin)   Bud   "COLASACCO, ROBERT" wrote:   > Why not just play wedding music backwards? > > -----Original Message----- > From: Storandt, Peter [mailto:pstorandt@okcu.edu] > Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 3:23 PM > To: 'PipeChat' > Subject: RE: Divorce Music > > There was an article in Saturday's local paper here about the rise in > divorce ceremonies among a number of denominations and the consequent = need > for some clergy to decide whether to participate or not (most do not). = Time > to dust off that repertoire? > > Peter > > -----Original Message----- > From: RonSeverin@aol.com [mailto:RonSeverin@aol.com] > Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:54 PM > To: pipechat@pipechat.org > Subject: Re: Divorce Music > > Hey guys: > > First you got Divorce Music, next you'll need just living together = service > music, very popular with young folks these days. The Spanish already > have a coming out ceremony for 15 year old girls, indicating their > availability for marriage. She wears a white dress just like a bride > and the service proceeds much like a real wedding. Mom or Grandma > or an old maid aunt acts as a chaperone on dates. The kids hate it > but it's TRADITION. Spanish weddings as a general rule start 1/2 late, > by tradition. Our priest got wise to that. He now tells them to be there > ready to start 1/2 hr. earlier than he intends. :) The organist has to = play > a march in and a march out in both cases. It makes for a bit of extra > spending money. Horray for TRADITION! :) > > BTW the Spanish youngsters try to lose the chaperone, of course! > They walk fast, hoping the elderly chaperone can't keep up. Duck down > alleys! It can be great fun! > > Ron Severin > > "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" > PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics > HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org > List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org > Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org > Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org > > "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" > PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics > HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org > List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org > Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org > Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org > > "Pipe Up and Be Heard!" > PipeChat: A discussion List for pipe/digital organs & related topics > HOMEPAGE : http://www.pipechat.org > List: mailto:pipechat@pipechat.org > Administration: mailto:admin@pipechat.org > Subscribe/Unsubscribe: mailto:requests@pipechat.org    
(back) Subject: Re: Lefebure-Wely Sortie in Eb (X-posted) From: <quilisma@socal.rr.com> Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:02:29 -0700     --------------5A3BD0A0F262B0479101FA1C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3Dus-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   I play Lefebure-Wely occasionally ... one Sunday after High Mass, the First Chanter came up to the organ and said, "That was FORMIDABLE trash" (grin)!   Bud   Cremona502@cs.com wrote:   > I'll add my "go for it" to the list. Congregations love this stuff > and > joyous music at the conclusion of worship is always welcomed.... > ESPECIALLY > IN FAUX-LENT!!!! ;-) > > Another goody is the Wedding March by L-W. > > Bruce Cornely ~ Cremona502@cs.com > with the Baskerbeagles in the Beagle's Nest ~ ""Haruffaroo, Bohawow!" > Duncan, Miles, Molly, and Dewi > Visit Howling Acres at http://members.tripod.com/Brucon502/   --------------5A3BD0A0F262B0479101FA1C Content-Type: text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit   <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> I play Lefebure-Wely occasionally ... one Sunday after High Mass, the = First Chanter came up to the organ and said, "That was FORMIDABLE trash" (grin)! <p>Bud <p>Cremona502@cs.com wrote: <blockquote TYPE=3DCITE><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font = size=3D-1>I'll add my "go for it" to the list.&nbsp;&nbsp; Congregations love this stuff = and</font></font> <br><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>joyous music at the = conclusion of worship is always welcomed.... ESPECIALLY</font></font> <br><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>IN FAUX-LENT!!!! = ;-)</font></font> <p><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>Another goody is the = Wedding March by L-W.</font></font> <p><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>Bruce = Cornely&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ~&nbsp; Cremona502@cs.com</font></font> <br><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>with the Baskerbeagles = in the Beagle's Nest ~ ""Haruffaroo, Bohawow!"</font></font> <br><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; = Duncan, Miles, Molly, and Dewi</font></font> <br><font face=3D"arial,helvetica"><font size=3D-1>Visit Howling Acres = at&nbsp;&nbsp; <A = HREF=3D"http://members.tripod.com/Brucon502/">http://members.tripod.com/Bru= con502/</A></font></font></blockquote> </html>   --------------5A3BD0A0F262B0479101FA1C--