Software for IRC
The most recent version of mIRC for Windows is available free from: http://www.mirc.co.uk
- Create an mIRC folder
- Download the software for the appropriate Windows version into your mIRC folder.
- Also download the mIRC FAQ file. If it asks you if you want it, - you do!
- Follow the installation instructions that come with the mIRC software,
NOTE: for detailed set-up instructions including photos for setting up mIRC please go to the mIRC page on this site
Connecting to the PipeChat-IRC Server
Start your mIRC software. irc.pipechat.org will not be listed in the mIRC Set-Up box.
- Add it by clicking on the "Add" button and typing in irc.pipechat.org (ports 6667 or 7000). [If you have a problem connecting via irc.pipechat.org you can try connecting with the IP number of the server. The IP number is: 126.96.36.199. Enter the IP number where you would enter the name of the server. Changing the port number from 6667 to 7000 may also help.]
- You will be connected to the PipeChat-IRC Server.
- A new box will appear with a list of channels. Check to see if #pipechat is listed there. If it is, click on the box that says "Join.".
- If #pipechatt is not listed, click on Add, and type #pipechat. It is improtant that you include the # sign, and that there is no space between the # sign and pipechat.
- Click on Join and you will be joined to #pipechat.
- Use the mIRC FAQ file for reference Frequently Asked Questions. There is also a Help screen from the mIRC Menu.