1. Be kind to one another.
2. Please respect other list members points of view, we are all individuals and entitled to our opinions, that's what makes life interesting :):)
3. One rule applies absolutely -- NO FLAMING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. The list owners will be reading each post and if we see flaming going on you will be warned once. If there is a repeat, you will be removed from the list.
1. Have fun. (It's the only polite thing to do here)
2. Make friends. (How do you make friends? Listen to other people. Validate their thoughts and feelings. Be willing to tolerate and accept them as they are. Have fun.)
3. Learn tolerance. Discuss ideas, rather than judging people.
4. Maintain a sense of humor. There's nothing like a good slice of humor for breaking up a flame war.
5. Use lots of smileys and poses. It is difficult to read tone of voice. This helps the humor impaired.
6. If something someone has said upsets you, ask for clarification first without the use of emotional language. They may have been joking or they may even reconsider their comments.
7. If someone on the PipeChat mailing list has written something which distresses you, you can always privately ask David or Tim to pummel some sense into them :) Do not use up mailing list bandwidth doing so yourself.
8. Please do not use up mailing list bandwidth explaining Netiquette to those poor lost newbies. It's not what this list is about. If you must, do so privately.
9. When responding to a message, quote only the relevant bits. No one is going to want to read your message if they have to dredge through miles of previous messages. Besides, it wastes bandwidth.
10. Please keep signatures to around four lines long.
11. Members of this list are allowed to wander off topic provided what they have to say is interesting or humorous.
12. Mail will be handled immediately by the List-Server. If there are any further delays, we apologize, however, they are out of our control.
13. Please reply generally to the list. However, please consider whether it would be better to reply to the individual rather than the list, thus reducing list traffic.
14. What to post? Anecdotes.... sadnesses.... joys.... Anything you feel comfortable posting. You will soon pick up if the list is going to respond to your topic.
15. Please think twice before posting. For those who are not on Digest form, it is very easy to overlow their mail boxes, please be considerate of others on the list.
16. What not to post! Items that have nothing at all to do with PipeChat and its guidelines--e.g. Virus warnings, Test messages, Chain letters, Church matters that are not music related or topics that are better dealt with by other lists.. If you feel uncertain as to the content of any email, please send it to the Admin address and we will guide you as to wether we feel it should be posted or not.
17. Finally, this is a place to enjoy yourself, feel relaxed about music, pipe organs, theater organs, church organs, electronic organs and church music. Make the list what you want it to be. And LOTS of HUMOR PLEASE :)
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org